Monday, August 5, 2013

My Sweet Friends


It’s hard to have friends when you’re a jokester smart-ass.
Today was a rough day, and Daddy wasn’t going to be home until after bedtime, so I figured I’d throw a frozen pizza in the ol’ oven and call it a night.  Then I noticed a disgusting odor.  I have two toddlers.  Disgusting odors are not rare, and I figure sometimes ignoring them is my best bet. (There’s really no logic in that, but it’s my go-to anyway.  After tonight I’m seriously considering rethinking it).  Then the odor got worse.  Then my head started to hurt.  Then my head REALLY started to hurt. Then my eyes started to water, and THEN I finally checked the oven.
Yeah, so that's what I found.

Of course the first thing I did (Well, I did manage to turn off the oven first) was text my bestie.  
Me:  “Heated oven for dinner without knowing it was full of toys.”
Patricia:  “Ur an idiot.”
Me:  “What??  I didn’t put them there!”
Patricia: “Hahaha.  The fact that you didn’t put them there kind of makes it worse cuz now I know your kids play in the oven when you’re not looking.”
And that, dear readers, is why we’ve been best friends since the 7th grade.  Everyone needs someone truly supportive to accompany them on this journey through life.
I’m very lucky because I have quite a handful of equally supportive buds.
One of my close friends is an amazingly talented photographer.  I have absolutely no skill in anything visual (except for selecting my awesome and amazing Target/Ebay/Forever 21 wardrobe, of course), so when I need something artistic done, I go begging and pleading to an artist.  Luckily, I married one, so I don’t have to go too far in most cases.  Photos though, are another story. 
 







David always shoots pics of me from down low, aiming up, so I look like I am 3 feet tall and 4 feet wide. 












Now when I’m desperate for a last-minute shot, I just tape the camera to the ceiling and set the timer.  Voila!  Skinny!
Anyway, this time I needed a decent, professional head-shot, so I called Rachel.  She is an absolute magician with the camera, so I knew I was in good hands.  I chose a new, cute shirt, got my hair and makeup done, and even had individual false eyelashes applied.  Well, we found just the right location with just the right light, but she kept saying, “You need to be a bit lower.  Bend your knees a little.  No, a little more.  Okay, just a bit more.  I'm trying to get the light just right.  There!  Perfect.”  



Wait for it.




Wait for it.



 

Wait for it.





Yep, there's my headshot.
Obviously I’m going to have to create a very straight-laced, straight-faced alter ego and have her collect a group of friends as well.  Sometimes they might come in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment